Why Dentists Are More Suicidal

Dentistry is a great profession. It's a combination of art and science. Though being a dentist is a great thing, it has its drawbacks. Recent Studies reported in dental literature confirm that dentists are subject to a variety of stress-related physical and emotional problems. In this post, I won't discuss that. This post is only to make my fellow dentists smile and laugh at what we all deal with.

Dentists sometimes regret going to dental school.
Here is why:

1- The Hate Dose You're Blessed With :

 The first thing some of your patients say once they see you is : I HATE nothing in my life more than dentists.
Or that female patient who goes like : You know what doctor? I'm wiling to endure the pain of labor every single day but I hate dental visits.

2- Your Tongue Tie Once You Hear The Following :


Patient : Doctor haven't you killed the pulp yet?
Patient : Doctor why do I have to make this x-ray? I know my teeth, my roots aren't curved!
Patient : Doctor why do I have to make scaling? I heard Calculus holds teeth together and if I removed it they will get wobbly.
Patient : What? I can't smoke for a whole day?!!! That's harsh doc!

3- Questions & Their Epic Answers : 

Dentist : Are you pregnant ma'am? I need to know to prescribe your proper treatment.

Patient : I don't know!!

Dentist: How frequently do you brush?
Patient: Once every 3 days!

4- Accidental bites from your adult patients, and intentional ones from your pediatric ones!


5- Patients' family members who faint while observing you working with their loved ones.

6- Patients' spouses being over apprehensive and it stresses the heck out of you. 


7- Getting The Most Bizarre of Requests:


Patient : I want my tooth after extracting it.
Patient : I want one of those gloves to use when I dye my hair.
Patient:  I want one of those masks to use when I cook!

8- Your Only Mistake Was Standing 2 Freaking Meters Away from Your Colleagues While They Were Working :

In one case, her patient sneezed and your face was covered in blood and mucous.
And in the other, while extracting that remaining root, it jumped and landed on your coat!
Dentistry is still so much fun though, and the smile we see on our patient's face once the pain is relieved is priceless.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mawtini ( My Homeland)

The Chambers of My Heart - Al Mutanabbi

Farewell to The World - By Imam Al Shafe'i