The Magnificent India Part 1

Arrived to India at 10 am on Thursday the 14th of  January
Here are some pics from my trip on the way from Egypt to India and from my first two days in the country.
 
 

 


 
 
 

 
 
Finally Made it to India!
 
 
 Daman from AIESEC picked me up from the Airport. Then I met my first flatmate Bia from Brazil she gave me the wifi password so that I can connect with my family. then I met my other flatmates Juca, Felipe, Matt and Lucas. Juca showed me the way to the supermarket to buy anything I need.
 
At the first night there the EPs gathered at a nearby diner to say goodbye to our Australian housemate Chiu Wei who was going back home that night and there I had my first vegan burger it was so delicious and spicy so I needed tissues for my nose as usual. We had so much fun and took selfies with our lovely friend.
 

The Next day it was time for me to go to my workplace . My EP buddy came to the accomodations and showed my what way to go and how much should I pay for the transportaion. Then, she bought me a metro card and showed my how to use it and where to recharge it. On the metro she told me that we're not allowed to take pictures or eat or drink inside the metro. Then she walked with me to my workplace and introduced me to the head of the NGO I should work with. The first day went well.

My EP buddy took me to my workplace
 
 
On my way home after the first day at work
 
As I was walking down the stairs of the metro station I  heard someone saying " Hello! Hey!"  it was Juca my Brazillian flatmate then I saw my  other  flatmates climbing up the stairs they were on a hurry I asked : where are you guys going? Felipe said : Varanasi ..... I wished them to have fun there and we waved goodbye at one another.
 
After taking the auto the driver didn't know the exact address and he dropped me off a few streets away from my accomodation I didn't have a sim card to make phone calls so an Indian gentleman at a small vendor offered me his phone to use for free then I called a friend from AIESEC and he talked to the man telling him to get me a Tuk Tuk and gave him the exact address. The man offered me a ride back home on his motorbike cause he thought that no Tuk Tuk driver would know the way to my accomodation. I was afraid but I didn't have any other choice but to trust him. Hr drove me home and refused to take any money from me and he kept saying this is my responsibility ma'am. I was overwhelmed by gratitude to such kindness and went upstairs in tears of happiness that such goodness still exist in our cruel world.
 
I told my flatmates about it and they told me that people here are nice and generous and they love to help.
 
Since I didn't have any plans for the weekend and the tickets to Varanasi were already booked I couldn't join them So I stayed home with my beautiful sister and roommate from Sri Lanka and other housemates. We went shopping that night with our Egyptian  neighbour Noran.
 
Buying some Souvenirs with Kaweesha
 
 
Tried Momos ( Dumplings) for The First Time
 
 
Another Indian delicacy : Milk with Cardamom
 
Tried Saffron Milk Thanks to My Dear Kaweesha
 
 The next day everyone in the building wanted to go out so we went out together again to do some shopping at Janpath. I enjoyed their company so much and bought some incense for my family.
 
 
 I went to the next shop to take a look at the skirts there and as I went back to the shop where my new friends were to ask for their opinion I couldn't find them and kept looking for them everywhere. I was scared and didn't know what to do so I hurried to buy a sim card. I sent a message to my  previous EP buddy telling him that I got lost so he gave me the number of some of my friends so I sent them a message telling them that I'm going home. I was feeling down for wasting the time of the weekend and staying home but at least now I finally have a sim card.
 
My Favourite View
 
 
At night Lovely friends from Brazil Brabara and Henrique took me with them to the Saturday market held nearby our accomodation.
 
 

 Looking at the spices with Barbara
 
Woke up late on Sunday to find Kaweesha cooked Some yummy rice and chicken for us.
My first home-made food  since I arrived to India
prepared by my lovely sister Kaweesha from Sri Lanka

 



On That day my Brazillian friend and myself  joined Chinese friends on their trip to Humayun's Tomb Here are some pics :
 

Getting on the Ladies only couch in the metro


























 
 
 
 
 























 
 
 

























Checking where our following destination was located



Then we went to have a delicious lunch nearby the monument .










 
 
 Then after lunch we went to attend the book fair


My friends enjoying reading


Seeing a glimpse of home at the book fair

A happy customer cause I got a good discount


 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mawtini ( My Homeland)

The Chambers of My Heart - Al Mutanabbi

Farewell to The World - By Imam Al Shafe'i