I Conceal my Love ...... أخفي الهوى

Two songs based on an old mystic poem in Arabic.
The poem is by Ibn Al-Farid  (`Umar ibn `Alī ibn al-Fārid) (1181–1235 CE)

I conceal my love and yet my tears reveal it
And I kill it, yet  my longing brings it back to life
And the one torturing me out of loving him is of good character, graceful and beautiful in every way.
His beauty is like the Surah of Joseph and my sadness is like his father's.
If the lovers dismissed my deep love for you, then I'm love, its son & father.


Here is another part of the same poem :

I conceal my love and yet my tears reveal it
And I kill it, yet  my longing brings it back to life
And the one torturing me out of loving him is of good character, graceful and is beautiful in every way.
Oh you who is burning with fire the face of the one who loves you, my tears will put the fire away.
Burn with it my body and all of my senses, but take care of my heart because you reside in it.






The poet :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_al-Farid




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mawtini ( My Homeland)

The Chambers of My Heart - Al Mutanabbi

Farewell to The World - By Imam Al Shafe'i