What Should I Say? - A Poem by Nizar Qabbani

What should I say if he asked me if I hate him or love him?
What should I say?
I love every little thing about him and every single detail.... how can I get over it my God?
What's with me starring at the mirror asking it what should I wear when I meet him?
How can I run away from him? He is my destiny, how possibly can a river change it's course?
I love him, and I dont even know what exactly I love about him.
Even his flaws are not flaws anymore because I adore them.
Love is a part of our being. If it doesn't exist on the face of the Earth, we would have invented it!
What should I say if he asked me whether I hate him or love him?
I don't just love him ... I love him 1000 times more!

Here is the Original poem in Arabic :
ماذا أقول له لو جاء يسألني.. إن كنت أكرهه أو كنت أهواه؟
رباه.. أشياؤه الصغرى تعذبني فكيف أنجو من الأشياء رباه؟
ما لي أحدق في المرآة .. أسألها بأي ثوب من الأثواب ألقاه
وكيف أهرب منه؟ إنه قدري هل يملك النهر تغييرا لمجراه؟
أحبه .. لست أدري ما أحب به حتى خطاياه ما عادت خطاياه
الحب في الأرض . بعض من تخيلنا لو لم نجده عليها .. لاخترعناه
ماذا أقول له لو جاء يسألني إن كنت أهواه. إني ألف أهواه..
- نزار قباني


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mawtini ( My Homeland)

The Chambers of My Heart - Al Mutanabbi

Farewell to The World - By Imam Al Shafe'i