Trusting people?!!!..... It’s Still Possible

You visit a place where you don't speak the language, you have no connections there, you're on your own. While you're in that situation, you choose to put your trust in people sometimes because you really trust them and other times because you have absolutely no other choice. On my second day in India I got lost ( I got lost a lot there I kind of got famous for it) Anyway I didn't have an indian number yet when that happened so I went to a small shop then I asked the owner to lend me his phone cause I was lost and needed to call my friends to help me reach home safely. He gave me the phone without any hesitation. I made a phone call and he helped explain to my friends where exactly is the shop so they asked him to allow me to stay at his shop till they pick me up. 10 minutes later, they called saying that they would not be able to come for me and asked him to write down the exact adress and make sure the tuk tuk driver knows it this time. The man seemed a bit uneasy and he looked at me and said : No Tuk Tuk driver would know how to go there from here, we're so close to the address it's just the alleys that can get confusing. I have a motorbike would you like to come with me? I would take you home. My heart started pounding out of fear but I had no other choice but trusting the man so I got on the bike behind him and this was my first time ever to sit on a motorbike and I was worried about falling and hurting myself or dropping my bag that had my passport and my money. He kept asking people where the exact place was till we reached it in less than 5 minutes! I kept asking how much I owed him for the phone calls and for the ride but he kept refusing to take any money from me uttering only one line over and over again " It's my responsibility ma'am"
I was so grateful to what he did and went up stairs overwhelmed by such generosity and was moved to tears. I told my flatmates that I felt guilty for getting lost cause the poor old man left his humble small shop to help me and refused to take any money in return. My flatmates said that was how things were there and that there are good people who are always willing to help. When I told my Indian friend about that, one could easily see how happy and proud he was of his people.
I got lost a lot in India but I always found brothers and sisters in humanity to help me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mawtini ( My Homeland)

The Chambers of My Heart - Al Mutanabbi

Farewell to The World - By Imam Al Shafe'i