The Chambers of My Heart - Al Mutanabbi

My translation does not do it justice :
 
Tell my dear beloved who lives in the
chambers of my heart,
That even if I don't meet him, I still meet him
And that my sight is connected to seeing him...
Even if our dwellings are far away from one another
I hope he realizes that I don't remember him
As how can I remember him if I can't forget him in the first place?
O you who thought that I don't remember him
And God knows that I never forget about him
If he is away from me, my soul is his home
So how possibly could the heart forget who lives in the soul?
 
- Al-Mutanabbi  (915 – 23 September 965)
 
Here is a recitation of the poem in Arabic :
 
 
 
And  here is the original poem in Arabic :                                                      
 
“ابلغ عزيزاً فى ثنايا القلب منزله
أنى وإن كنت لا ألقاه ألقاه
وإن طرفى موصول برؤيته
وإن تباعد عن سكناى سكناه
يا ليته يعلم أنى لست أذكره
وكيف اذكره إذ لست أنساه
يا من توهم أنى لست أذكره
والله يعلم أنى لست أنساه
إن غاب عنى فالروح مسكنه
من يسكن الروح كيف القلب ينساه”    



―     أبو الطيب المتنبي
 
 
 
Beautiful desert dunes in the United Arab Emirates.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mawtini ( My Homeland)

Farewell to The World - By Imam Al Shafe'i