Inevitable Egyptian Aunties' Comments You Grow Up Hearing

Being a girl anywhere in the world, is certainly not all fun. Every society has its pros and cons. But In Egypt, it has a different taste. It's both sad and funny, Confusing as heck that leaves you speechless sometimes. We have some judgmental old women that can drive you insane.
The Following are some of the most hilarious comments a regular middle class Egyptian girl have to deal with every single day.

1- The Nice Girl Should Talk In A Low Voice!
But auntie, this is the nature of my voice, I'm loud and I can't help it!.

2- The Cute girl should wear heels.
Forget it ma'am I prefer comfy shoes!


3- You Should Not Talk Back to Men, Ladies Don't Argue We Are Nicer Than That!
I can and I will.


4- Wear More Makeup / Wear Less Makeup To Attract Grooms.
I need more than just a shallow man who thinks of  just the exterior, Pass!

5- Wear Tight Clothes/ Use Bleaching Creams/ Wear contact lenses/ Lose Your Eyeglasses To look More Attractive.
Tant, I don't need your fashion tips, really, I'm fine.

6- Don't Talk About Politics, Focus On More Girly Stuff.
It's because of shallow women like you, ladies are not respected and looked down upon.

7- Don't Read Serious Books, Read More Romantic Novels.
Next!

8- Why Aren't you Married Yet?! You're Getting Old!
I'm 24!

9- How About You See That Groom I brought You, My Dear?
Thanks, but no thanks.

10- Don't Spend All Your Money On Books, Buy Something For Your Marriage.
I'm Single!

11- Don't Stay Outdoors For A Long Time Working, What Will The People Say?
That I love my job?

12- Don't Talk About Your Views Openly, They Will Turn Men Away.
I need a man who accepts me as I am.



13- Are You Expecting A Baby Soon? You've Been Married for a few Months now.
Would you please mind your own business?
Thank you!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mawtini ( My Homeland)

The Chambers of My Heart - Al Mutanabbi

Farewell to The World - By Imam Al Shafe'i