First Time Travelling Alone - India

8 months ago I was getting my papers ready to travel abroad. I really wanted to take a break from many things back home. I decided to go to India. I arrived there on Jan 14. Since the first day there, I met new people who made me feel welcomed and at ease. I was welcomed with smiles and open arms by fellow youths who went there for different reasons. We shared pretty much the same hopes, dreams, worries and concerns. I enjoyed hanging out and exploring India with my new friends and neighbours. I got lost at least 4 times during my 6 weeks visit to India. I smiled, laughed so hard and cried. I shared a part of my heart with many kind souls I was blessed to meet. The first adventure I embarked on, was a day out with Chinese friends to visit Humayun's Tomb, a Mughal era tomb complex in Delhi .Afterwards, we went to an amazing book fair ♡
On the way to Humayun's Tomb



The following week we went together to visit Agra.
I was not dreaming I was really in front of the stunning symbol of love, ... Taj Mahal .







 Afterwards we headed to another amazing place, Agra Fort.



I actually found it more stunning that Taj Mahal. Many friends found my opinion to be hard to believe. I grew up hearing about how beautiful Taj Mahal is so I was not surprised when I saw it. But I had no idea Agra fort was that majestic and beautiful.





Two days later we visited  the capital of Rajasthan, the city of Jaipur.
A week later we went to the beautiful Udaipur in all places I visited in India nothing impressed me as much as Udaipur. I loved its narrow streets. I come from a coastal city so I love the sight of the sea and nothing makes me at peace as much as seeing the sunlight reflected on the face of the calm placid water.
Wherever I went in India there was a glimpse of home ....
The Arabic texts I saw at some monuments were mesmerising, and I enjoyed stopping there and taking my time to read the texts encarved there. The call for prayer I heard in Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, and Udaipur, and the smile in my heart that was reflected on my face. The excitement that followed every single time we hear the call and the smile I saw on the faces of my friends who related to it and was as excited as me. The curiosity of my friends and the questions that followed, the exchange of information, the appreciation and respect to one another's beliefs, My experience couldn't be more heartwarming. Hearing some people speaking Arabic on the phone! And turning over to see where that voice came from! :D
Worshippers performing Wudu' or ablution at Jama Masjid in Delhi
The salesmen on the alleys selling ftesh fruits and vegetables and calling in a funny way just like back home in my country. And waking up to that sound in the morning and it took me a few seconds to know that it's Hindi not Arabic LOL  .... you're still in India Sarah! That's not Egypt.  And finally the Arabic music I heard while shopping and I stopped there singing along an old traditional song and the salesman approached me wondering if I'm looking for something in particular
Me: Oh no I'm just taking a look you know sir the music you're playing is a melody of a really beautiful old song in Arabic I was just listening to it last night :) He had no idea it's an Arabic song. I smiled a big smile and praised whoever played it for having a good taste.

Afterwards we went on our way to Varanasi after so much running we missed the train and stayed at the train station for 3 hours till the following one. We were so tired but the company made it easier. We shared stories and played games to kill the boredom.
We watched the night prayer at Ganga river and cremation of the deceased with both respect and excitement. We visited the place where Buddha gave his first sermon. The train journey back to Delhi was amazing we enjoyed chats and saw our Chinese friends texting with their families and we counted down with them till the beginning of the Chinese new year. I was invited to their celebration of the new year And it was amazing and fun.

The Train Station of the Lovely Banaris <3
Then it was time to visit the mighty Punjab. I visited Chandigarh and even though I only spent one day there before heading to Manali the visit was just amazing. I came across many friendly and helpful people there. My day there started with getting lost so it was a bit stressful and scaryو but good people made it easier till I was reunited with my buddies.


My Egyptian brother played some Egyptian songs



 We headed north to the freezing Manali to touch some snow for the first time in our young lives. We all came from warm countries and we were not used to the cold weather we kept shivering together some of us adapted to the cold weather till my Bahraini brother took a walk while wearing his shirt and didn't put his jacket on confusing many many people! He went like : it's all in your head. Once you make the decision to cope with it your body follows.
That was one crazy but a wise brother :D ♡


Patrick as my friend called him, He kept us company during our three days visit to Manali




A week later we attended a wedding of a friend we met in Varanasi. We dressed up some of us tried Indian outfits we were all so excited and taking lots of photos while other guests were taking pics of us! :D
We were welcomed with such an amazing hospitality and it was just a magical night. Getting to see a union of two young hearts is always nice especially if it's in a new country you're visiting.









The following week, I was lucky enough to end my travelling and wandering by paying another visit to Punjab. It was time to finally see Amritsar. We visited the golden temple and went to the Wagah border between India and Pakistan. We went back to the golden temple at night and it was even more mesmerising. On my way out of the temple, I shed tears because I knew a day later I had to leave and go back home.
Finally My Dream Came True And I visited The Golden Temple

I fell in love with India, and I left a part of my heart there. Well what's not to like... nice people, rich history, really interesting culture, good music and the food oh my God the food ♡♡♡ need I say more?!  .... ok I admit it was so spicy for me but I couldn't stop eating and trying new dishes! :D
Travelling is a blessing you have to do it at least once in your lifetime. It doesn't have to be to another country if you can't afford it. You can leave your city and explore the rest of your own homeland. Just the smell of the airport, the noise of trains, finding your seat on the tight bus! :P  All that excitement is just a must try.
We live in a crazy yet a really small world. Make sure you explore it and see the good in it. It will make up for the bad.
Love the life you were given and try to make it better for you and your loved ones whether they live in your country or beyond.
We're all one big family. The human family.





#India

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mawtini ( My Homeland)

The Chambers of My Heart - Al Mutanabbi

Farewell to The World - By Imam Al Shafe'i